Student interns are at the core of the Martin Center’s work of improving higher education. Every semester, students join staff and scholar at the Martin Center for work and learn about higher education and free-market principles. Our interns write op-eds, research policy for our scholars, and contribute to our digital marketing efforts.
Martin Center internships are for undergraduates, recent graduates, graduate students, and law students who are committed to individual liberty, freedom of conscience, and the pursuit of truth. Past Martin Center interns have gone on to work at the Institute for Justice, Americans for Prosperity, the Leadership Institute, KIPP Public Charter Schools, and Young Americans for Liberty!
The Martin Center hosts research and marketing interns during spring, fall, and summer. Apply now to intern with the Martin Center next semester! (See below for application instructions.)
Summer Internship Program
Each summer the Martin Center hosts three interns from North Carolina colleges and universities to work and learn at our office in Raleigh.
During the twelve-week program, interns work on higher education policy topics and learn about economics, public policy, and American principles from local scholars and through dedicated readings and book discussions.
A few titles that our interns have read include:
- The Law by Frederic Bastiat
- “I, Pencil” by Leonard Read
- Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt
- A Conflict of Visions by Thomas Sowell
- “The Use of Knowledge in Society” by F.A. Hayek
Past speakers include:
- Roy Cordato, Ph.D., Vice President for Research at the John Locke Foundation
- Andrew Taylor, Ph.D., Professor of Political Science at North Carolina State University
- Jonathan Anomaly, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Acting Director of the Philosophy, Politics, and Economics program at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Robert Shibley, Vice President at the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education
- Jenna A. Robinson, Ph.D., President at the James G. Martin Center for Academic Renewal
To apply for a research internship with the Martin Center, email a cover letter and resume to Shannon Watkins at email@example.com.
To apply for a digital marketing internship with the Martin Center, email a cover letter and resume to Ashley Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.