“Spirit of Inquiry” Contest –
A chance for students to nominate their best courses!
It’s easy to whine about dull texts, lackadaisical professors, out-of-date material–but what about the great courses–the ones that kept you on the edge of your seat, sparked your interest in a new discipline, or made you forget waiting for the bell? Here is your chance to tell the world about the best classes.
Requirements for nomination:
A Spirit of Inquiry
- The instructor’s presentation of social and political issues is balanced and fair
- The course readings present multiple perspectives on controversial issues
- The classroom environment allows student expression of ideas
- The classroom environment encourages open investigation and inquiry
- Course material is interesting and rigorous
- Faculty member is responsive to student needs
Student Nomination Awards
- For winning courses, each current student will receive $250 toward purchasing books in the form of a student store gift card!
- Recent graduates will receive a check for $250!
Other Items to Keep in Mind
- Course can be in any discipline
- Course must have been taken no earlier than Fall 2008 and no later than Spring 2013
- Nominations accepted from undergrads and graduate students
- All courses in North Carolina public and private colleges and universities are eligible
Nominations will be accepted from January 15 until May 31, 2013